eBook Usage and Download
Before you can read your eBooks…
All of the eBooks on the Macmillan Caribbean eBookstore are copy-protected, meaning you can’t just download and open them on your computer. Before you can access them, you will need to download the recommended software to read your chosen product. Once this is done you will be able to purchase or download it from the site and read it on up to three different devices, for instance your smartphone, your laptop and your PC at home, by signing into your Adobe or BlueFire account.
Our ePUBs are copy-protected (using Adobe Content Server), so to read them, you will need to create an Adobe ID (if you don't have one already), download a reader application for Windows/Android/Mac/iOS to open your protected files, and authorise your reader with your Adobe ID. The file you download will be a file called UrlLink.acsm file that you should open in your reader software. Your license will then be verified, and your eBook will be downloaded.
To download our recommend application, please follow the appropriate link below:
Tablets and Smartphones
- Adobe Digital Editions for Android tablets or smartphones
- Bluefire Reader for iOS for iOS tablets or smartphones
Desktops and Laptops
Some eBooks or other content may not have copy protection on them. These are standard PDFs that are readable on any computer (Windows, Mac or Linux) , on smartphones and tables (Android, iOS or Windows) or on any eReaders (like Nook, Kobo or Kindle). Most computers, smartphones and tablets come with built-in software that can read PDFs. If you don’t seem to have any built-in software on your device, we recommend installing Adobe Reader.
Downloading and reading your eBooks
Finding your products
Browse the store, use the search function, and check out our recommendations to find the eBook you need. You can search by author, title, or the specific ISBN.
Creating an account
To download your eBooks, you will need to create an account. For a step by step guide to creating your account, take a look at our FAQs page.
If you already have an account, just log in.
Downloading your products
- If you have accessed the site via a subscription code from your school, college or other institution, you can just click ‘download’.
- You can also make a purchase and pay securely with your credit card, debit card or Paypal account by clicking the ‘buy’ button.
- Once purchased, the title will then appear in My Account.
- Click on the title when it appears in the My Account screen.
- Open Adobe Digital Editions or your BlueFire Reader on your device and navigate to the eBook.
Redeeming your eBook code
For a step by step guide to redeeming your eBook code, click here.